Sunday, April 11, 2004

A word often used in a kennel

Last night at work I engaged in a discussion about Christina Aguilera. Lest I remind you, I am loathe to listen to modern mainstream music because, as is the case with cinema, it's been dumed down tremendously. However, I can't help but admire someone with the balls of Christina Aguilera. She bored me until partaking in the Lady Marmalade remake. Then, to my surprise, she released Stripped, which is a damn good album. Unfortunately, most people in L.A. seem to prefer Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson because they're "nicer." Please! Britney can't sing and Jessica, aside from her wet dream status, is a boring performer. Nicer! Sheeesh! What has pop culture ever gained from a "nice" girl? It is with this sentiment that I seek to uphold the value of the bitch. Thus I offer a list of my top 10 favorite bitches.

The Top 10 Bitches:
10. Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth
9. Lucy Liu
8. Marlene Dietrich
7. Christina Aguilera
6. Faye Dunaway
5. The women of Melrose Place
4. Shannen Doherty
3. Madonna
2. Dr. Lilith Sternin
1. Bette Davis

Now I ask you...whose contributions to pop culture have been more memorable? Madonna or Debbie Gibson? Bette Davis or Loretta Young? Brenda or Donna? It's time society came to terms with the real force driving this country (in absence of a cohesive government): the bitches. You know, in some circles, even I have been called a bitch. I can't think of a better compliment.