Thursday, April 29, 2004

Years ago, in the mythical land of Missouri

It took a chance reunion with Wh*tney Fr*edlander and M*chael Tedder to remind me that I did, in fact, spend four years in Missouri. Truth be told, after three pitchers of beer, I was crying, "I miss college!"

Those years in Columbia were a bizarre lot. I was away from home for the first time and unsure of what I wanted to do in life. More than anything, I just wanted to get out and get to Hollywood. Somewhere during the course of tonight's conversation, I realized that I really did miss college...literally. Who the Hell were these people to whom my companions kept referring, and why didn't I remember any of them?

Apparently, I even missed things that were happening to my friends. Let me rephrase that. I missed some interesting gossip about Clare. And I had forgotten all about Rachel's scathing letter to the Maneater following a story on a stripper. What I hadn't forgotten, however, was what an evil bastard I was in college. And if that's my legacy, hey, at least I left my mark.