Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I am psychic

I have unknowingly been imbued with psychic powers. During the course of this week, I've predicted a number of extraordinary events with heretofore unknown skills from another world.

First, before work yesterday, I was listening to the radio. An ad for a new bakery came on, and the announcer told of a mouth-watering chocolate souffle. I thought, "I'll bet tonight's featured dessert at work will be a chocolate souffle." If you're psychic like me, you already know the outcome.

Second, I titled my previous blog entry "The Odd Couple." And, this morning, I decided to watch the Friends episode "The One with all the Poker." Monica's aunt tries to teach the girls about bluffing by claiming to have run over Tony Randall. I hate to say it, but I think a small part of me knew he was going to pass away soon.

Third, long before I read yesterday's box office statistics, I had a vision in which Troy claimed the #1 spot despite its unadvertised camp appeal. Can you imagine my surprise when I found it to be true?

In other news, I bought the most awesome cereal bowl at Urban Outfitters yesterday.