The Odd Couple
As you might remember, my high school friend Brooke is moving out here in June and we're going to be roomies. Yesterday I secured for us a nice, 2 bedroom-2 bathroom apartment in the very suburban Toluca Lake area. I'm in love with it. It's safe, has a pool, has been completely renovated and is in one of the safest areas of Los Angeles.
However, Brooke and I might have been a tad impulsive about deciding to live together. For instance:
Brooke = strict vegetarian
Chase = strict carnivore with a craving for steak
Brooke = has two cats
Chase = has killed two cats
Brooke = grew up spoiled
Chase = grew up working from sunrise to sunset on a farm without a single provision from my parents (that, new readers, was a joke...rest assured I'm equally spoiled)
Neither of us is worried. We've grown up together. We've discussed every possible conflict that could arise and made some preemptive agreements. Let's just say I couldn't be more excited about the arrangement. After all, if we get in a fight, I'll cook one of her cats with the George Forman grill my parents bought me.
Yeah, just kidding.
<< Home