Sunday, May 09, 2004

This is the true story...of a dream come true

Last night I had the most bizarre dream about the Real World Chicago. In this dream, I came into contact with a certain cast member whose name rhymes with Sonya and who hails from W*lla W*lla (I know, my thinly veiled attempts to not be googled are annoying). She showed me around the loft, which all seven roomies still inhabited.

Today at work, as I live and breathe, this very cast member walked into the gym because she works there. However, she works as a server in the upscale cafe and bar at the opposite end of the gym. Sooo, when I finally clocked out, I knew where I'd be headed for lunch.

Although I sat at the bar and unconvincingly pretended to watch the football game, I was no more than 10 feet away from this Real Worlder. And...at the end of my meal...as I was eyeing the dessert stand...she talked to me! And despite her rather confrontational (downright bitchy) demeanor on the show, she was quite genuine and friendly. In fact, I can't wait to go back to work.

Sigh.