Friday, July 30, 2004

Hodge podge

- Yesterday I watched Val Kilmer and Lisa Kudrow in Wonderland. The irony is that last night I attended a party on the same street after which the drug-addled murder mystery movie is named. The house used to belong to some rapper (Ice T, I believe) and it reeked of marijuana. While at the party, I witnessed the underbelly of Hollywood I only thought existed in Paris Hilton movies (i.e. threesomes and gratuitous cocaine use). I ended up in the kitchen with another straight-edger eating M&Ms and trying to figure out what in the house could be stolen and hawked for rent money.

- The great thing about hating my job is the lack of guilt I'll feel when I soon quit. I speak, of course, about my career in the service industry. A small, long-suppressed voice is telling me that perhaps I should find another means of financing my movie career. Please, God, let the world of journalism not turn its back on me.

- After work today I enjoyed my friend's employment status at Arclight and saw Garden State and The Village. Garden State had all the things I love in first-time independent films. It was zany, moving, funny and always interesting. The Village, on the other hand, displayed a frightening decline for the talented M. Night Shyamalan. I would have seen Catwoman, but I have an aversion to Sharon Stone, which brings me to my next point.

- Sharon Stone is an egocentric, maniacal bitch with no talent to support her voracious whorishness and rudeness.

- I'm sorry, but I still find no comfort in this year's election ballot. Lest you are uninformed, I need not explain why I won't be voting for our current leader. As for those of you who say, "But Kerry...he's great," I remain utterly unimpressed with his polemic. I find him to be a contradictory puppet for a nice-but-unlikely ideology. I can't stand him mainly because all of uneducated Hollywood follow the bumper stickers from one drunken fundraiser to another. I can respect you if you really like him. I can't stand you if you just like calling yourself a democrat to be cool (which is why I don't like Kerry).

- You've caught me on a particularly foul day. Go away.