Tuesday, August 03, 2004

A picture paints a thousand words, part two

You asked for more, here it is. With no dearth of suitable subjects, I bring you my take on the most ridiculous headshots in all of La La land and answer, "What were they thinking?:

SHOT 1: This picture is of Gena, a fascinating amber-haired spark plug with one of the least sincere smiles I've seen since Auschwitz decided to do yearbooks. However, don't be fooled by Gena's faux grin. The rubix cube that is Gena also displays a look of intrigue, hinting at hidden depths that haven't been seen since her student films at TCU. Most notable, unfortunately, is the look of discomfort Gena can't hide when in front of a camera. It seems her hidden depths consumed too much Mexican food before the shoot.
THIS PIC SAYS: "As long as I smile, the bad man won't hurt me."

SHOT 2: Poor Andre. He was unaware that in America, casting directors prefer to see the actors's face in the headshot. You see, Andre is coasting off his naturally exotic looks. Nevermind that the shot is cut off immediately above his eyes. This effect is no doubt intended to accentuate the freshly shorn man chest for which Andre has consumed countless illegal steroid pills. Fortunately, Andre has included an additional headshot (full length) in which his seamlessly shaven legs are flexed quite uncomfortably. The only thing commanding more attention are the hideous mandals that adorn his feet.
THIS PIC SAYS: "So, you want me to give you a monologue, eh? I don't know how to give that, but I've got lots of other logs that I'm sure would give pleasure to your pulsating she-parts."

SHOT 3: Keisha, a vibrant woman of color, says "Fuck your boring-ass headshots." With the nonchalance of Sister Souljah, the class of Lil Kim and the warmth of Avril Lavigne, she ain't havin' it today. Though you'd think she'd seen a classy headshot before, you'll see just how wrong you are when your eyes feast on the ghettofabulousness that is her signature picture. Sparing no state fair cliche, including a patterned shirt and unflattering makeup, Keisha is out to impress you with her nuanced acting chops.
THIS PIC SAYS: "Smile? You can shove my goddamn smile up your ass, bitch. Fine, don't cast me in your movie. I ain't scared."