What's your favorite scary movie?
I don't care what anyone says, Open Water is an excellent movie. Yeah, it was made on a miniscule budget. No, it doesn't boast the cinematic gimmickry of higher brow films like I Robot or The Village (which, by the way, is a good choice if you've ever wanted to laugh at a surprise ending). Okay, so perhaps it's not action-packed. But when a movie's ending disturbs me as much as that of Open Water, I can look past its shoe-string shortcomings.
And speaking of disturbing...the buzz for Saw (no pun intended I swear), is quite intense. I saw the trailer last night, and I must say...I know a lot of people who won't be sleeping after they see the film. It's one of those movies that easily frightened people obsess over yet refuse to see because of how allegedly terrifying and graphic it is. I am one of those people.
Visit the Web site and see the trailer for yourself. It's fucked up.
<< Home