Thursday, September 16, 2004

I am a rock

Yesterday I spent time in each of the three states in which I've lived. I woke up in Oklahoma, had a layover in Kansas City, Mo., and ended up back home in Los Angeles.

Anyway.

Although I'll still be heartbroken for approximately one more month, I've willed myself to get over it sooner by tearing the film industry apart. I have appointments, new headshots, interviews and auditions lined up for the remainder of the month. And did any of that come about because I was in a relationship? No. I did that on my own just as I've accomplished everything else in my life. Alone.

Some people are happy only when in a relationship. We'll call those people "losers." If you are solely fulfilled by the existence of another person, you have both my pity and disgust. Not to say that marriage and parenthood are products of this. On the contrary, I respect people who can make a commitment and invest in another person. But people who use others just for the sake of their own sanctuary and self-esteem are the lowest of the low.

We came into this world alone (with the exception of twins, triplets and so on but that's irrelevant). That should be symbolic enough for you woe-is-me morons who can't grasp why your slutty outfit hasn't garnered you more than a tampered drink and a sore ass the morning after. You possess nothing interesting within your own being. That's why you seek justification from another person. Fuck off.