The 'Proof' is in the Paltrow

I make a big deal about the Oscars. This year's race, however, is proving to be quite lackluster (unless you consider the dark horse Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). So when I learned months ago that Miramax would be pushing Gwyneth Paltrow's performance in the upcoming Proof, I grew a bit more excited.
Gwyneth first brought the role to life on London's West End to rave reviews citing her genius as an actress. Thus when she teamed with Shakespeare In Love director John Madden to bring the play to screen, the result seemed bound for Oscar glory.
Not so, says the evil Weinstein or Miramax. The film has now received the ultimate kiss of death -- it will be shelved until February 2005, meaning no Oscar contention.
I will grant you that there are more important problems in life than whether or not Gwyneth Paltrow becomes a two-time Oscar nominee. But I don't care about those problems right now.
<< Home