Friday, December 31, 2004

Almost where I wanted to be

Though I've been apathetic about writing lately, I felt it necessary to cap the year with some sort of post. I've been in California for 11 months. Although my lofty goal is still my priority, I've fallen prey to too many distractions in 2004. And I'm glad I got them out of my system.

Some nights I go to bed knowing, just feeling it in the depths of my soul, that something great is going to happen. And as banal and sappy as that sounds, it's what keeps me out here, away from my family, away from a stable career.

During the last year I've busted my butt to do my best in my classes. I rehearse, I watch movies with a more discerning eye, and I try to absorb my surroundings so that I can truly act. Because of what I've learned and discovered about myself, I'm thankful for 2004. I can't consider it a waste, just a foundation.

I hope you all have a productive and happy 2005.