Friday, February 11, 2005

Forgive me, but it's the Apple of my eye

I know I've been a naughty boy with my reckless spending habits, but nothing has brought me greater satisfaction than my new toy. Requiring the balances of three credit cards and 45 minutes of waiting for a technician, I am now the extremely proud owner of a 15" Apple G4 Superdrive Powerbook with every imaginable bell and whistle (DVD burning! 100 GB hard drive! 1G of memory! Fast-as-hell iPod synching!).

I don't know how common Apple stores are across the US, but in Los Angeles they are the oasis of technological sophistication in a city that waits impatiently for the next big toy. As I waited for my baby, I browsed the endless shelves of overpriced but undeniably chic software and accessories that feed shopping addictions all across the world. And I wanted it all.

More disheartening than my sky-rocketing debt is the fact that I'm turning into a computer geek...and I don't mind at all.