Thoughts from the depths
- Hilary Swank's second Oscar win was predictable. It was also her last. Only four actors in Oscar history have more than two Academy Awards. I doubt the former 90210 star will find herself in the same company as Jack Nicholson and Katharine Hepburn. Also, Swank's ill-fated attempts at versatility are deader than the chances of another Karate Kid sequel. Watch The Affair of the Necklace and The Core if you don't believe me. Next time Annette Bening is nominated for an Academy Award, Hilary Swank's agent won't even be able to get her a job wiping Chris Rock's ass .
- I went to San Diego the day after the Oscars to see my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. The much needed vacation was cut short when a casting office called to have me read for a pilot. I did manage, however, to take several pictures of my nephew, which I will post soon. As for my audition, I'm reading for the part of a private school snob. I can't believe someone would want to cast me...as a high schooler! It's flattering.
- My six-day drinking binge must now end. It started Friday at my apartment, continued Saturday at the Sports Club employee party (which followed an after-acting-class excursion to the Robin Hood Pub in Sherman Oaks), didn't stop at my Oscar watch party on Sunday night, and was a constant during my trip to San Diego. I feel completely depleted.
- Thundercats: The Complete First Season is coming to DVD!
<< Home