Thursday, July 21, 2005

F&F Girl of the Week


F&F Girl of the Week, originally uploaded by cmccown.

After a horrible day of work, one thing consoles me. Okay, two things console me. One is beer. The other is Dr. Lilith Sternin-Crane, a fixture on two of my favorite TV shows ("Cheers" and "Frasier," you twit). Aside from the abundance of wit that radiates from Lilith's pursed lips, the woman is remarkably beautiful underneath that finely combed bun. Thank you, Bebe Neuwirth, for making Lilith's neuroses such a delight. In honor of this week's F&F girl, I present some of the caustic comments from Lilith.

(To Frasier, during a fight)
"I described you in terms which were positively glowing, which is exactly how I'd like to see you in Hell."

An exchange between Lilith and Carla:
LILITH: Well, I'm off. I don't know what the future holds. Whatever happens, I only hope I can realize my full potential. To acquire things the old Lilith never had.
CARLA: Like a body temperature?
LILITH: That's very good, Carla. Incidentally, I've taken your little wisecracks for a few years now, you hideous gargoyle, and if you ever open that gateway to hell you call a mouth in my direction again, I'll snap off your extremities like dead branches and feed them to you at gunpoint.

(Once again, to Carla)
"That hardly seems just coming from a woman whose hair has never seen a greasy pot it couldn't scrub clean."