Monday, August 29, 2005

Drip...drip...drip

What an ungodly hour to be blogging. Though it's 6 a.m. now, I've spent the past hour reorganizing my CD collection and dating my photo scrapbook. And it's all because of the upstairs neighbor's window AC unit. The bitch has neglected to provide proper maintenace for her AC, so it is leaking. Why it is leaking, I'll never know. But it's leaking. And it's dripping directly onto my window AC unit, which is placed in the window directly next to my bed. So since approximately 4:30 this morning, I've heard drip...drip...drip. To tease me, the drip will stop every 10 minutes or so. But just as I've gone back to the land of bizarre sleep-deprived dreams, that mother fucker starts up again with a vengeance. And now the drip knows I'm blogging about it. Its cadence has become decidedly vindictive. I hate you, drip. All that's left is to retreat to the living room, turn on Gilligan's Island and fall asleep just as the sun comes beaming through the window to offer the ultimate "Fuck you." I will probably delete this post once something substantive happens today. But don't hold your breath.