Wednesday, August 24, 2005

F&F Girl of the Week


F&F Girl of the Week, originally uploaded by cmccown.

I abhor the notion of actors who settle for mere celebrity. Denise Richards, Kirsten Dunst, and Lindsay Lohan are just a few of those who are more concerned with their pool time at the Tropicana Bar than with their mediocre acting abilities. But not Reese Witherspoon. Instead of clubbing or pool-hopping, Reese is either too busy working on and promoting a film or attending to her angelic children. And as a humbled young man who's been her waiter four times now, I find her just as elegant, beautiful and classy in person as she is on screen. You probably love Reese Witherspoon, and you have good reason. Instead of resting on her already-hefty paychecks, she aspires to work even harder and make even better movies. However, I've known all that for a long time. What compels me to award her the F&F title is a quote from "Marie Claire." On the topic of Jessica Simpson (and Paris Hilton), Reese says, "Creating a cultural icon out of someone who goes, 'I'm stupid, isn't that cute?' makes me want to throw daggers at them!'" Beautiful.