Friday, October 07, 2005

Moving to Astoria



One of the many rules of a struggling actor is to never have a back-up plan because you are likely to use it sooner than you should. And though I have no concrete back-up plan, I've decided that someday, regardless of whether or not I've made a living as an actor, I'm moving to a small town in Oregon. I'll sell my car, computer, TV, iPod and cell phone, and live a life of sublime solitude in a cozy house near the bay. I will exercise everyday, hike in the forest, learn to fish, read voraciously, never shave and live a life of simplicity.

I know, you're thinking I could never do it. But when I picture this lifestyle, replete with crisp colorful falls and the smells of clean ocean air, I can think of nothing that sounds more appealing. It will be a dream come true.