Monday, December 05, 2005

Thank God for the actual acting side of this journey to Los Angeles. I couldn't sustain my life with just the two day jobs and the frustrating, round-in-circles business aspect of the entertainment industry.

I meet so many people, actors and not, who've managed to travel, hold interesting jobs, date interesting people and make a comfortable living. My lifelong streak of envying others is not helped by living in a city built upon coveting. It's not so much that I regret the decisions I've made. It's more that I could never make my life sound half as interesting as these people do.

But none of that matters twice a week when I step into class and onto that stage with my closest friends in LA. For exactly six hours a week, I am not the me who's stuck in traffic in a waiter's outfit with a stack of bills to pay. For six hours, I fall in and out of love, grieve openly, make people laugh, and teach myself. I am whatever I want to be without regard for expectation and necessity.

So to Hell with the bad tips and stories of weekend travels I hear from all the lucky ones. I have what I've had since I was a kid... an imagination that's shown me all the things in life I couldn't see in the real world.