15 fewer hours of work
Today I learned the hardest possible lesson about job responsibility as I sat in my manager's office at the health club crying and begging for my job.
I don't want to get into the specifics, mostly because the incident is only an hour old, but I was definitively terminated for something I didn't do, but could have avoided had I been more careful.
So instead of sitting home, whimpering and nurturing sour grapes, I'm going to view this and every other failure as an opportunity. I messed up -- not to the extent of which I was accused -- but I messed up just the same and I'll take responsibility.
So I look at it this way: I now have three fewer shifts to work, more schedule flexibility should I decide to find another job, and two years worth of friendships and memories.
That is the attitude I've chosen to take, and until tomorrow morning when I wake up without a job to go to, I'll be keeping my eyes affixed on the bright side. No matter how hard I have to force myself.
<< Home